Texas9Man
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history?

+22
ninogray #8 The Show
kobe
lockdown#14
SLASH11
Crabtree
Mr. X
GChild
Shutdown#13
#14 McGee
#22 THE BEAST
Adamantium
FRED AKA CANT BE STOP
Bossman_#69
Bishop#8
cjack#7
Crutch
Xklusive
FRESH
Da En4cer
T.O
D.Harrison
Mark Jackson
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history?

Post  Mr. X Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:20 am

D.Harrison wrote:Mr.X i agree with just about everything you just said except dpt and Sho being tied reason why is because Sho beat dpt in the sb so we have to add that head to head sb game in to give Shotyme the slight edge.

Good point I didn't even think about that, so Shotyme is slighty better, because they are 1 up on head to head in th SB
Mr. X
Mr. X

Back to top Go down

Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history?

Post  FRESH Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 am

Like I said I got a lot of homies on the Hotboys and I respect that org. But im sorry u get no props for just making it! Ya'll giving more props to appearances over wins bro! They have 2 but ask them are they satisfied with that having went to 7 SB!
FRESH
FRESH

Back to top Go down

Post  #14 McGee Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:47 am

And the Debate continues
#14 McGee
#14 McGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Crabtree Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

ok.. since Texas9man is pretty much continuance of MFL... i would say that the Hotboys is prolly the best 9man team in history in that style of play.... you cant take away of those years of being in the Championship & winning them.. Shotyme has been a great team over the years... but also the Goonz & DPT.. you also cant leave out the Roughneck with thier 2-0 in championships... as much as i dont wanna say it but i have to stick with the HOTBOYS in this subject....

Crabtree

Back to top Go down

Post  Bishop#8 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Mr. X wrote:The way I look at it, is Shotyme the best team in T9Man History? No they share that Title with DPT at the moment. Both teams accomplished some great feats... DPT with the 3peat (Not easy at all to do) and Shotyme with an undefeated season and 3 rings w/100% win pct in the SB. Sure Hotboys have a great Orginization, but it doesn't make them historically great by attending the most SB and only winning one, with 2 more they could be arguably the best, but we'll wait for that to happen.
learn your history son, we have 2
Bishop#8
Bishop#8

Back to top Go down

Post  Bishop#8 Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:55 pm

lets ask this, Do the shotyme players think they are the best in history. Plus some of my captains on the hotboys team told me to tell yall, that the sho has only beaten the hotboys only 4 times in 9man history, and one was a tourney win. But like pup say tourney dont count so we can just say 3
Bishop#8
Bishop#8

Back to top Go down

Post  D.Harrison Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Well if this was about head to head none title games then yes the HotBoys win that convo hands down but just remember we talking about T9man sb winners, in Royce and Carlos league not the 6team mffl or those out of town tournaments... Lol

D.Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  D.Harrison Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 pm

This is the order i would put the teams in
1-Shotyme 3-0sb
2-dpt 3-1sb
3-Necks 2-0sb
4-HB 2-5sb
5-Gvb 1-0sb
6-Goonz 1-2sb
7-Rotts 1-3sb
8-North Side 0-2sb
9-2kool 0-1sb
10-???

Now thats a real list!!! Shotyme!

D.Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. X Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Bishop#8 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:The way I look at it, is Shotyme the best team in T9Man History? No they share that Title with DPT at the moment. Both teams accomplished some great feats... DPT with the 3peat (Not easy at all to do) and Shotyme with an undefeated season and 3 rings w/100% win pct in the SB. Sure Hotboys have a great Orginization, but it doesn't make them historically great by attending the most SB and only winning one, with 2 more they could be arguably the best, but we'll wait for that to happen.
learn your history son, we have 2

My bad 2... I'm no historian, son
Mr. X
Mr. X

Back to top Go down

Post  cjack#7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm

The best team I think goes back to what somebody said in a earlier post it goes by playing consistent. Records in seasons have to come in to play cause if a team have won 2 or 3 ships but have had many losing are sub pair seasons it plays a factor..people keep talking bout the Hotboys loses in the ships but where were there teams at? Did you make to the play offs? Did the Hotboys knock you out? It's like when players crown there self great after 2 good seasons but had 7 horrible seasons previous you can't do it!! And the t9man tourney does count because all the good teams play in it and take it very serious! Anybody that say they don't is a lie!!!
cjack#7
cjack#7

Back to top Go down

Post  cjack#7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Smu has more football ships then Florida state so whose a greater team?? If you go off ships your force to say smu! But overall fsu is better!!
cjack#7
cjack#7

Back to top Go down

Post  FRESH Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm

I agree with that C-Jack...regular season matters. And who has been more dominant in the reg season than the Sho and Hotboys?? And Bishop if u read my post from earlier I gave it to DPT so No I didnt give it to us yet but we close. Like Pupp said we aint talking about head to head matchups...if that was the case I would put us over dpt cuz we have beaten them more times than anybody in the league. That would also put the Goonz and dpt over ya'll if we went by that!
FRESH
FRESH

Back to top Go down

Post  D.Harrison Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm

C.jack you outta line with that comparison! Bro comparing smu to fsu was bad example bro you coulda said Florida or Miami bro thats like u saying we playing different competition because smu dont play the same type of teams that fsu plays but Shotyme and the HotBoys play the same teams.

D.Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  cjack#7 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm

A better debate now that fresh has won that third ship is who is the greatest QB!!!!! I love this debate you Qbs go in on that!!lol
cjack#7
cjack#7

Back to top Go down

Post  FRESH Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Bottom line is I'm proud of my team and what we have accomplished! I never imagined this type of success when I put this thing together nearly 7 yrs ago! I appreciate all the men who has ever went to battle with a ShoTyme jersey on. Being a leader of men is very hard to do and it has not been all peaches and cream... but its better to go through adversity before your successful to really appreciate your success! We have 3 ships and I have been MVP in this league 6 times but I know I couldn't have had ONE without my teammates! In conclusion...lol this will be my last post on this topic so thank yall for coming out GOD bless and goodnight!
FRESH
FRESH

Back to top Go down

Post  Crutch Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:46 pm

cjack#7 wrote:A better debate now that fresh has won that third ship is who is the greatest QB!!!!! I love this debate you Qbs go in on that!!lol

You right, I'm about to start a post! lol
Crutch
Crutch

Back to top Go down

Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history? - Page 3 Empty Appearances dont mean shiittttt!!!!

Post  SLASH11 Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Just my opinion.. We have been to 3 out of the past 4 and have only won once.. I would take only going twice and winning 2 over that.. With that being said cant go against The Sho!!!!
3/3 100% superbowl record!!!!!!
Hell I hate playing them.. No other team gets that kind of respect from me!!! Just my opinion!!!!!
SLASH11
SLASH11

Back to top Go down

Post  lockdown#14 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:39 pm

does it really matter... lol!
lockdown#14
lockdown#14

Back to top Go down

Post  #22 THE BEAST Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 am

cjack#7 wrote:The best team I think goes back to what somebody said in a earlier post it goes by playing consistent. Records in seasons have to come in to play cause if a team have won 2 or 3 ships but have had many losing are sub pair seasons it plays a factor..people keep talking bout the Hotboys loses in the ships but where were there teams at? Did you make to the play offs? Did the Hotboys knock you out? It's like when players crown there self great after 2 good seasons but had 7 horrible seasons previous you can't do it!! And the t9man tourney does count because all the good teams play in it and take it very serious! Anybody that say they don't is a lie!!!
playing in out of town tournaments is the real McCoy. Instead of seeing one cjacks or bcams or one apostle or espys u see 4-5 on every team in the big tournament pool play.. 9man ain't nothing compared to playing on the road.. I PROMISE U
#22 THE BEAST
#22 THE BEAST

Back to top Go down

Is ShoTyme the Best Team in 9man history? - Page 3 Empty fresh is mobile and accurate devo n james best pocket passers.. edge goes to the mobile passer who can also lob on the run

Post  #22 THE BEAST Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:27 am

But fresh Is the 9 man face of qb and devo got the road locked all the way up
#22 THE BEAST
#22 THE BEAST

Back to top Go down

Post  kobe Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 pm

My opnion on this subject....I have to give it DPT...(no disrespect to shotyme at all) but won 3 in a row...N they won with basically the some core group of guys...N not to mention the league was a lot stronger back than..a lot of better teams...shotyme has done some great things..but honestly speaking...they merge with different teams when they won two of those ships..its special to go undafeated..but all the top teams really don't have no more than 1 r 2 losses so going undafeated in this league right now is not that hard as it seems...a lot of weak teams..but that's my opnion tho
kobe
kobe

Back to top Go down

Post  FRESH Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Did this dude just say the league was better back then?? WOW!! Ok...anyway name my receiving core the first year we won it. Dont worry Ill wait....man please that roster was one of the weakest we ever had as far as top players in the league, and if im not mistaken the name of our team was SHOTYME so we didnt merge we just picked up players from a team that folded like everybody else would have done if given the chance. The second one we only picked up B.Cam so dont hate cuz high power free agents want to come to the Sho! And now 16-0 is easy to do?? Kobe bro im not gonna tell you how you sound bro but you trippin homie. But if thats your true opinion then thats whats up bro...I just think its funny coming from you bro cuz that dont even sound like some chit you would say...but whateva!!!

p.s. I tried not to say anything else...lol
FRESH
FRESH

Back to top Go down

Post  ninogray #8 The Show Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I think Shotyme is in the discussion. I've been playing for a bit. And the one team that has been in the mix, year after year, is the Hotboys. In my mind overall they have been the best. No matter what, the road runs through them...really doesn't matter if they win it all. For best overall consistent team I say Hotboys. For best championship teams I say tie with DPT and Shotyme.
ninogray #8 The Show
ninogray #8 The Show

Back to top Go down

Post  kobe Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 pm

FRESH wrote:Did this dude just say the league was better back then?? WOW!! Ok...anyway name my receiving core the first year we won it. Dont worry Ill wait....man please that roster was one of the weakest we ever had as far as top players in the league, and if im not mistaken the name of our team was SHOTYME so we didnt merge we just picked up players from a team that folded like everybody else would have done if given the chance. The second one we only picked up B.Cam so dont hate cuz high power free agents want to come to the Sho! And now 16-0 is easy to do?? Kobe bro im not gonna tell you how you sound bro but you trippin homie. But if thats your true opinion then thats whats up bro...I just think its funny coming from you bro cuz that dont even sound like some chit you would say...but whateva!!!

p.s. I tried not to say anything else...lol

1st of all lil buddy I sound like my opnion just like anybody else...I'm hating cuz I didn't say shotyme?? My opnion don't matter...U not gone change my mind on what I'm thinking..N its not about the Wr core..I'm just saying DPT did it with the same core of guys..however u want to call y'all had a lil merger...no big deal tho y'all still won can't nobody take that away from y'all...but besides that back then rotts/rollers/cowboys/sho/northside/roughnecks was okay & hotboys/even 979 was okay N I think the garland boys was okay...GVB was okay...DPT...It was a lot of decent teams back then...its not six good teams out there now N u know it...N when we won we was 2pts away from going undafeated..every power house team out there don't loose no more than 3games at the most
kobe
kobe

Back to top Go down

Post  FRESH Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Why would I want you to say Shotyme?? I stated in a earlier post that I think its DPT! It was that Merger and 16-0 is not that hard talk that had me trippin! But whateva bro...like you said that's your opinion so it is what it is!
FRESH
FRESH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next